Confused about AGOL pricing? So was I.
I got on the phone with Esri today. Here is is our Q&A:
ArcGIS Online for Organizations, Level 1 purchase gets “2500 Service Credits”. But what does that mean?
Service credits are expended when ArcGIS Online functionality is deployed. With the final release, we are providing a dashboard for the administrator, so that they may review how the service credits are being utilized.
Here are some examples:
1) Service Credits are not used when you upload data or services to your instance of AGOL
2) Service Credits are not consumed when using a esri basemap service in your application
3) Service Credits are used when ‘mash’ up a shapefile, map service, table your company/agency uses in a service
4) Service Credits are used when you create and store a feature service
5) Service Credits are used when you create or store a tile or geospatial data service(layer, map package)
6) Service Credits are used when you use a geoprocessing service (i.e. …batch geocodes), others to be added
7) Service Credits are used when you do data transfer
This info would be more useful if it read “XX [Number of] service credits are used when…”
Here are examples of AGO Credit Consumption
- Data Transfer – Data transferred out as hosted services or downloading data files
- 6 credits / 1 GB data
- Geocodes –
- 12.5 geocodes / credit
- 80 credits / 1,000 geocodes
- 100,000 geocodes / 8000 credits
- Tile & Data Storage – 1.2 credits per GB of storage per month, 14.4 credits/yr per GB of data
- Feature service –
- 2.4 credits per 10 MB of storage per month, 28.8 credits/yr per 10 MB
- 2880 credits/yr for 1GB of storage
- Tile generation – 1 credit per 1000 tiles generated
Is there a more complete table online somewhere — to help me with service budgeting and making a decision about how much to purchase?
No. But you might want to download the trial and give it a try. There is a dashboard that shows you how you are using your credits.